Monday, April 11, 2011
Time to panic down South?
There was a moment last week when all of these headlines appeared simultaneously at CNN.com:
* Wild coyotes eat zoo birds (New Orleans)
* Mom stabs dog, saves tot (South Carolina)
* Hawks attack 5 people (Florida)
* Mouse poop found on shelf at local Kroger (Kentucky)
* Pants saved teen from gator ("Florida lawmakers may think twice about banning droopy drawers after a teen claims he was saved from an alligator attack because of his baggy pants.")
Given the range of creatures and offenses involved here, I think I am staying up North for the foreseeable future despite our lingering winter weather.
Photo of sign that needs to be updated with some fashion advice by Flickr user alicetiara.